Monday, October 11, 2010

0

SETTLED IN TSUKUBA

Well, it has been almost one week since my wife and I arrived to Japan. We are almost settled so I would like to talk a little bit about the city we are living in: Tsukuba

Tsukuba's flag
The city is known for the location of Tsukuba Science City. A planned city developed around 1960. Inside the "research world" it is usually referred as "the researcher's paradise" and so far it is a more than deserved name. This city has everything a researcher could ever need: research institutions, nice environment and a lot of peaceful places to find inspiration.

This city has a population of about 200.000 inhabitants and I've heard that about 5% of them have a PhD. 

When I have time I will upload more pictures but for now you can see this, it is on my way to the laboratory:


A space rocket! How cool is that? xD

No comments:

Post a Comment