Monday, August 1, 2011

2

SVN: EVIL COMMIT

Subversion is a very useful centralized version control system. Is very convenient for Software development projects as it allows to the developer team work together in the same files at the same time, keep a record of all the changes and eventually return to a previous stored version of the project if somebody did something wrong or decide to do things differently. 

I have been using it for many years now in a professional environment and for over a year in my private projects (I use it even in my private life xD). I use it in conjunction with trac (which is a powerful tool for Project Management). You might think I am a bit crazy (or completely crazy), but when you have a lot on your mind it is worth having some kind of organization method and this has worked for me so far.

Anyway, recently I was working on my project, committed some changes and got this:

marpemar@MARTIN-PC:~$ svn ci -m "generate_training_samples_from_monocular_images generate color samples"
Sending generate_training_samples_from_monocular_images/main.cpp
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 666.

Yay! I've reached 666 commits xD To celebrate it I would like to share this video recorded with gource showing the progress and evolution of my private repository until the moment of the evil commit.  Enjoy it!


2 comments:

Pepe said...

Tio, no conocía el gsource... se lo voy a pasar a todos mis SVN XD

Martin Peris said...

Esta super chulo verdad? El mio queda un poco aburrido porque como solo estoy yo desarrollando cosas en ese SVN solo sale un monigote, pero cuando hay varios desarrolladores es divertidisimo ver como vuelan los monigotes de un lado a otro tocando ficheros xD Hasta puedes cambiar los monigotes por las fotos de los desarrolladores!! jajaja

Post a Comment